Find and train Pokémon in the real world
Pokemon Go takes all the fun and excitement of classic Pokemon games and puts a spin on the way you play. Instead of sitting on your couch with a remote in your hand, you can actually go outside and find some of your favorite characters in the real world. The game lets you be a virtual trainer as you capture Pokemon living in the wild.
When first released, this game had so many players that it was almost impossible to walk through any city without seeing groups of people talking about the Pokemon they captured and giving tips to other players. As the developers did not listen to the feedback from those players, the number of people playing dropped. Depending on where you play, you may find more people still using the app though.
With Pokemon Go, the characters that you catch depend on where you live and where you go. You'll find water creatures living near lakes and rivers, but you'll find other creatures living in the hearts of major cities. Most players find that they can capture more Pokemon outside of rural areas.
The game also requires that you track down balls that you then use to capture those creatures. Many public businesses like restaurants and churches function as stops and have balls available. To have fun, get outside and meet new people, download and start playing Pokemon Go.
- Turns the excitement of Pokemon into a fun game that helps you explore the world
- Bases the Pokemon you can find on your current location
- Helps you make new friends while playing around town
- Doesn't let you battle against friends
- Finding Pokemon outside of major cities is often hard
- Not as many people playing the game as when it first came out
- The bug that caused incorrect vibration notifications has been fixed.
- Day and night modes have changed to more accurately reflect the Trainer’s current time of day.
- Minor text fixes.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- BLUETOOTH_ADMIN: Allows applications to discover and pair bluetooth devices.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.